Confessions of a Blonde

Always Love.........Hate Will Get You Every Time ~ Nada Surf

Monday, November 05, 2007

Shoppin' at the Wal-Mart

So, I was shopping at Wal-Mart on Saturday with my mom. We ran into a family from Sunday school and were chatting in the shampoo isle. I heard someone talking to my right and looked up. There was an old lady standing there, looking at me. So I smiled and was about to return to my conversation when she said, "You're beautiful. It just hit me as I was standing here."

What do you say to that? I could have said, "So, do you have an available grandson?" or maybe "Could you put that in writing, 'cause then I can show people?" But, no, I did not. I just said "thank you." Which was probably most appropriate. It made my day, anyway.

My friend Lora turns 30 on Wednesday. My other friend Lori turned 30 last Friday. I'm so glad I still have a year and 4 months before it's me. I plan to get drunk on my 30th birthday, so if anyone wants to join me, please feel free to make plans now. I will be drinking a lot and want to plan accordingly.

My mom has been baking banana bread lately. It's made from a cake mix and it is super delicious. I swear I could eat twelve loaves of it. Unfortunately it's for her staff at Christmas, so I can't have any. But boy do I want some!!!

1 Comments:

At November 08, 2007 5:18 PM, Blogger April said...

You definitely should have asked her to put it in writing AND have it notarized. Can't argue with a notary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home