Confessions of a Blonde

Always Love.........Hate Will Get You Every Time ~ Nada Surf

Monday, July 31, 2006

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball

All is right in the world again. Brad and I are on the same page, and we are both thinking marriage. It's nice to be at this place.

Friday night he came over and we went to the lake and talked while he fished (and caught nothing). While I was not in the mood to be serious or have any serious talks, we did end up getting out the last of the issues that were bothering us. I yelled at one point - it was quite liberating - to get my point across about him making me feel unimportant. He responded that he doesn't think of me as second-rate. That I am very important to him and that nothing he does is more important than I am. I liked that response.

He also said that he isn't going anywhere. That he wants this to work and he'll do whatever it takes and work as hard as he has to for us to be together. I said likewise. He also said that he's still learning about this relationship stuff and I just need to be patient with him. Also, once haying season is done, we'll get to spend more time together. I told him that as long as it gets better (as in spending more time with him) then I can deal with how it is right now.

Then when he dropped me off and walked me to my front door, he said how he thinks about me more than I realize, and that I'm filling a void that's been empty. And he talked about how he's trying to think of things "when we're married." Hmm. So, yes, I do believe that we will be getting married. We just have to fine tune a few things, but I know both of us want each other, and this relationship.

Who knew the hell I went through a few weeks ago could turn out this wonderfully?? All I have to say is Praise the Lord!!

2 Comments:

At August 02, 2006 2:57 PM, Blogger April said...

...but can he dodge my fists of fury?

hahahahaha

I'm a dork.

 
At August 02, 2006 4:07 PM, Blogger atsirk said...

hahahahahah *gulps* hahahahahha!! You're not a dork, you're hysterical!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home