Confessions of a Blonde

Always Love.........Hate Will Get You Every Time ~ Nada Surf

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Okay, so, sometimes I just overthink things and think too negatively. The last time I posted (sidenote: thanks for trying to figure out who that guy looks like, it was driving me nuts) I was worried that Brad would come back from his trip and decide he could live without me and want to break up.

Well, Thursday night he came and picked me up so we could go out on a date and we were driving around and he says to me that he's talked with his neighbor and he's going to buy a farm so that he can move out and have his own place. I was excited because then I can visit him more when he's living alone, rather than on his dad's farm. He mentioned me living with him, but I was just thinking more on the lines of spending the night sometimes on the weekend or whatever. Not actually moving in, mind you.

So, Monday he calls me and we were going to go out to watch fireworks that night. He said he woke up that morning and decided to buy a farm, went to the bank and got his money for it. All the lady has to do is talk to her lawyer and then when she moves out, he'll move in. And towards the end of the conversation, he says to me, "Now, see if I had my own place and you lived with me, then we wouldn't have to call each other because then I could just come home and see you and we could talk in person." Hmmm. Live together.

So, when he picked me up we drove past the farm in question and talked some more and he definitely wants me to move in with him. He asked me if I had a lot of "shit to move in." I laughed and said no, because I really don't. The farm, by the way, is really cute. The house is white and looks pretty good sized, not huge, but not small. I hope that the inside isn't crappy, but I doubt that it is because everything else outside looks nice.

However, I don't think that I'll move in right away, especially if he doesn't commit to marrying me. I don't want to move in and get invested without some kind of commitment. But I'm thinking he will ask me to marry him within the next couple of months. Then again, I could be wrong. I just don't want to be an idiot about all this - even though the idea of living with him and seeing him every day is really appealing to me.

We'll see what happens. Who knew my life would ever get to this point?!

2 Comments:

At July 07, 2006 11:14 AM, Blogger atsirk said...

Jolene, that is exactly what I don't want - to live with someone forever before we are engaged. I will definitely move in after he proposes, because I will plan on being married in 6-8 mos. after being proposed to. So I guess we'll see what happens. I totally think you're right!!!

 
At July 11, 2006 1:10 PM, Blogger i i eee said...

I also think Jolene really knows what she's talking about. Besides, if he says he wants you to move in with him just because he's sick of having to talk to you on the phone....I know that's not the *only* reason, of course, but that sounds like a lazy reason to have someone move in with them. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home