Confessions of a Blonde

Always Love.........Hate Will Get You Every Time ~ Nada Surf

Friday, June 09, 2006

Camels have mumps, some have one mump, some have two mumps

So, yeah, the new girl I work with thinks she has mumps, and her doctor said she'd put money on it that she does. Luckily, I don't think I'll get them, but (knock on wood) you never know.

She went home sick on Monday, called in on Tuesday, and then Wednesday morning her mom called and told her to go to the emergency room to have a test for mumps because she has all the symptoms of the mumps. Her test won't come back until Monday or Tuesday, so she's quarantined until then.

Which brings me to my gripe. I don't think I'll get them - I've had a vaccination and I think that as fast as it hit her, I would have had symptoms by now or something. However, everyone is avoiding me like the plague. Including a certain boyfriend-type-person-thing (imagine that as a Ross from Friends type quote.......remember the laundry episode with Rachel and he says "one machine for your delicates. Your bras and panty-like things" or something to that effect. Makes me laught, but I digress.....). Anyway. It's frustrating because I miss him and want to see him. If he's brave he's going to come see me tonight.

There. That's my complaint. Have a great weekend everyone! Justin's first tractor pull is tomorrow! Rednecks, here we come!!

3 Comments:

At June 09, 2006 1:44 PM, Blogger April said...

Hope there are no mumps in your future. Or camels.

 
At June 09, 2006 4:27 PM, Blogger atsirk said...

I wouldn't mind the camels. I don't think there will be mumps, either.

 
At June 12, 2006 12:07 PM, Blogger atsirk said...

I would laugh, too, Jolene, but I'm secretly addicted. Shhh!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home