Confessions of a Blonde

Always Love.........Hate Will Get You Every Time ~ Nada Surf

Monday, May 01, 2006

I'd miss you even if I never met you

I read the book The Art of Mending by Elizabeth Berg (Kristen gave it to me to read) and I thought it was pretty good. I had it sitting on the coffee table and my mom goes, "The Art of Meddling, hmmmm. Sounds like that book is right up your alley. You don't need to learn how to meddle, you do it so well already."

*I gasp!* Thanks, mom! (I do think it was funny, though, because my mom is always messing up words. Phonics wasn't taught in her one-room schoolhouse!!)

And this is hilarious!! When I was staying at April's house, I had a dream that Burger King was having a promotion for a new sandwhich. Now, I don't know why, but to get to my house on my road, I had to cross the stage (which was in the middle of the road) which was having this promotional concert. When I got up there, they made me sing a song, so I sang "You Raise Me Up." In the middle of the song, I realized I was dreaming and thought I might be singing out loud in my sleep and I didn't want to wake up April's grandma, so I started to hum. (And yet I was still sleeping through this whole thing....cracks me up!!)

Anyway, on Saturday I went to town and got a Whopper for the drive home, and as soon as I unwrapped the darn thing to start eating, what song came on the radio? "You Raise Me Up"!! I was laughing so hard I couldn't eat it until I got home. Coincidence? Or Prophetic Powers? Hmmmm. Maybe Jeremy will end up witha Chloe!!

I had another date this weekend. Another seven hour date. I think that's quite a bit of time to spend with someone, but I suppose we don't see each other during the week and you can divide it up to be an hour a day. That makes it seem less huge.

We went bowling with one of his co-workers. I tried to make him mad by insulting him, but he wouldn't let it bother him. *sigh* I shall just have to try harder. He has a great sense of humor, though. (I say this because it matches mine). After dinner and bowling, he drove me past his house, so now I know where he lives, and then he took me home. We sat in his truck talking for about 1 1/2 hours and then he walked me to my front door, where we talked for another hour in the rain. We talked about everything. And he even talked about his mom, which I thought was probably good for him.

So, then we were kind of winding down our conversation, minimizing the distance between ourselves, and I was preparing for a kiss. So, who comes tearing up the driveway at 2:30 in the morning? Justin. What a poopstain! He parks his truck so that it's pointed directly towards us, and then proceeded to talk and laugh really loudly on his cell phone. Needless to say, there was no kiss. Oh, well.

It was cute, though, becuase while we were talking in the truck I was asking him about his dating history, etc. and he said how he wasn't a "ladies man" (which in and of itself is really amusing to me......obviously, right?!), and then he rushed into asking me to go to a wedding dance with him in 3 weeks for a coworker of his. I said yes and I think he was super relieved. To me, it was cute.

So, anyway. He works this weekend, so I probably won't see him until next weekend. I think that's good, since we spend so much time together when we do see each other. I don't want him to get sick of me. (Because we all know that can happen....don't comment, girls!!!) Yeah, he's still super sweet. I think I kind of like him.

1 Comments:

At May 01, 2006 3:36 PM, Blogger April said...

"They didn't have phonics in her one-room schoolhouse." hahahahaha

Justin--the Date Destroyer!

And "You Raise Me Up" on the radio when you got your whopper...so freaking funny!

Oh, and don't forget that you WERE giggling out loud in your sleep Friday night. Which made me giggle in my sleep.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home