Confessions of a Blonde

Always Love.........Hate Will Get You Every Time ~ Nada Surf

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I carry your heart; I carry it in my heart

I bought the movie "In Her Shoes" last night and my mom and I watched it. She cried like a baby at the end. I shed a few tears. Such a good movie. Was a great book.

So, Lindsay called on Friday night to let me know that her test came back negative and she didn't have the mumps. So Monday morning, in walks someone else to work for her and they said that it spread to the other side, so she was going to have more tests at another hospital because there had to be a mistake. Still, I don't have any symptoms or signs of the mumps, so I'm hoping that I still won't get it.

So Brad informed me that the girls in the other office have an office pool on when we're getting married. Everyone is for either December or January. I (needless to say) was shocked to hear of an office pool. No one even let on that they had one - and those girls can't keep a secret to save their lives!!

Now Brad's goal is to get them to think we are getting married in December, but it's not working so he's changed the date to February 14th in Vegas. Yeah, I told him the only way I could be convincing about us getting married is if it were true. So, he's on his own. I don't know why he's trying so hard to let people think we're getting married. Because we've never actually talked about getting married, but he did ask me the other day if I had been getting ideas from all the weddings I've been going to lately. I said yes, and then he told me what he'd want his wedding to be like. So we talked about that. But that's not enough for me to think he'd actually ask me. Especially since the other day we were talking and he said his co-workers were asking him when he was getting married and he told them not for a long time. He didn't say never, which is promising, but not for a long time does put me at ease that it's not in September, December, or February.

It's supposed to get really hot by Saturday, so I'd just like to start complaining now. Ick. I hate being hot and we don't have air conditioning. I think I'm going to check into a hotel. With cable. And sit around and do nothing in the air conditioning.

3 Comments:

At June 15, 2006 4:40 PM, Blogger April said...

And will a certain someone be joining you in your air conditioned room??? ;)

 
At June 16, 2006 1:31 PM, Blogger atsirk said...

April, you're naughty! (As I think of Tommy Boy and his bun in the restaurant, "You're my naughty pet.")

 
At June 16, 2006 3:37 PM, Blogger April said...

YES! That's exactly what I thought when I read your response. hahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home