Confessions of a Blonde

Always Love.........Hate Will Get You Every Time ~ Nada Surf

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day ........ NOT!

Ever since I was in grade school, Valentine's day has been my Friday the 13th. Every year, this day rolls around and each year something horrible happens. When I was little, I would get sick. One year (I was probably in the 3rd grade) a boy that I had a crush on kicked me in the butt with his moon boots and left a dirt mark. And it hurt, too.

So, needless to say, I hate Valentine's day. This year is no exception.

This morning, I went to get my car out of the shed, started it up, and it quit. Not a problem, I just decided it needed a little gas, so I made sure to tap the gas when I started it up again. No problem. I backed out. It quit.

I held back some swearing, and just decided to keep going. I got down my driveway, on the road, and when I stopped at the stop sign before getting on the highway, it quit. So I had to make a decision: go to work and get stranded or just go home and call Nathaniel to take me to work. I decided to go home.

So, I got my car started, went home, called Nathaniel and he came to follow me to work so that I could take my car to the shop to get it looked at. I haven't heard anything yet, so I hope that no news is good news. And, hopefully if they can't fix it, Nathaniel will come back and get me. He said he would, but you know how that goes......

In other news, there is no other news. After Sunday school on Sunday, Kayla wanted to play church, so me, mom and Kayla went upstairs to the sanctuary and she pretended to be the pastor. I got to play the piano. It was so cute because Kayla wanted to do communion, so my mom knelt at the later and Kayla pretended to give out bread and juice to everyone, saying "This is the bread of Jesus, this is the juice of Jesus." She is so adorable.

Well, I hope everyone has a blessed Valentine's Day, and if you don't have a Valentine, then I'll gladly be yours!

1 Comments:

At February 14, 2006 5:00 PM, Blogger April said...

Valentine's certainly is a kick in the butt with moon boots, isn't it? Are you sure that kid wasn't Napoleon Dynamite? Gosh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home