Confessions of a Blonde

Always Love.........Hate Will Get You Every Time ~ Nada Surf

Monday, February 06, 2006

I remember when.....

. . . . I was about 8 years old. We had a grey cat with white heart-shaped white spot on her head. We called her Cuddles. She was the only barn cat we had that would come over to the house and play with us. One day we couldn't find her, so we went to the barn and found her dead in the gutter. We were crushed. I have never gotten attached to a pet since.

. . . . when I was in college, one night Lori and I were playing pool at Luckys. A guy who was playing pool with his friends in the corner came up to us. I thought that he wanted to talk to Lori, so I kind of stepped aside, but he came right towards me, hand outstretched and shook my hand and said, "I was over there wondering who you were and thought to myself I could either leave here and always wonder, or come over here and not have to wonder anymore." *sigh* The greatest pickup line said to me ever. His name was Rob. He was going to Lake Superior College and majoring in Political Science. He had a tongue ring. He asked me to meet him at Shooters Bar sometime and he'd teach me to do some dance. I never went...I had no one who would go with me, and I wouldn't go to a bar by myself. I wonder what would have happened.....

. . . . I met Kristen. She scared me. It was at the library in college. I was talking to April and was jokingly telling her to be quiet. Kristen spoke up and said, "This isn't the designated quiet area." I meekly went back to my seat and waited for her to leave before I went back to talk to April.

. . . . April and I went to Floamy's grandparents for our first spring break in college. I remember looking out the window, stretching, and .......well, April knows. *giggles*

. . . . I used to know what I wanted to do in life. When I was sure that I'd end up in a big corporation, doing presentations and being a stellar worker. Living in a big city and being grown up. Now, I don't know what I want to do. Where do those dreams go?

1 Comments:

At February 06, 2006 12:57 PM, Blogger April said...

Aside from the cat, I remember all those things. I mean, I wasn't there the night of Rob, but you told me about it.

I used to have dreams, too. They've all passed me by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home