Confessions of a Blonde

Always Love.........Hate Will Get You Every Time ~ Nada Surf

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Food Cures Everything

As Americans, we create an obese country because we are always told that food cures everything emotionally negative. (Women more so than men, too.) Case in point - the Jif peanut butter commercial. Have you seen this? Two little girls are having a sleepover. The little dark haired girl is moping around and saying "Maybe a sleepover isn't such a good idea." So, the other little girl gets the look of "I have an idea" on her face and says, "I'll be right back." Then it shows her making a pb sandwich and she takes it back to the room and the girls are smiling and eating when the mom comes in and asks how they're doing. And the little dark haired girl (who was pathetically homesick two minutes ago) says, "We're doing great!"

No wonder I want to eat anytime I feel sad or down. It's because of the Jif commerical and the fact that it's telling me that food will cure everything. (Did I totally just justify my bad eating habits? Will that work??)

2 Comments:

At January 17, 2006 4:49 PM, Blogger April said...

Works for me! Damn you, peanut butter industry!

 
At January 18, 2006 12:31 PM, Blogger atsirk said...

I know!! But peanut butter is only good with chocolate. Mmmmm, chocolate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home