Confessions of a Blonde

Always Love.........Hate Will Get You Every Time ~ Nada Surf

Friday, November 23, 2007

Recap

I have to say that this was probably the best Thanksgiving I've had in a long time. And I also have to say that it was very much unexpected!!

My sister and her husband didn't come down (which was probably 85% of why it was good....he's such a fuddy-duddy). But Nathaniel and Justin came, and Justin's old lady and two of her kids came.

I was prepared for a horrible day, but the kids turned out to be pretty fun. Way different than Kayla, which was good and sad at the same time. Good because they were fun to play with and easy to get along with. Sad because it makes me realize how awful Kayla is getting because of her mother.

Nathaniel was a hit with the 3yr old. She was thoroughly entertained by him. We call him Nailz, as a nickname. So every time she would say, "Nailz!" He would do something goofy. She had a blast all afternoon. Then she started petting him like a kitty and kept saying, "Nice Kitty!" while Nailz meow-ed. It was hysterical. We have it on video.

One thing I realized this Thanksgiving is that my dad really wants more grandkids. He really liked having those 2 kids around. I feel bad that we don't give him more. And I also realized that if Nathaniel had kids now, he'd be an excellent father. It's hard to go back and change the past with Kayla, but if he found a new girl (and I'm not even considering Missy even though they still hang out) and they started a life together and had kids, he'd be really, really good at being a dad.

It was weird seeing Justin with the kids, though. He did pretty good. I don't know where his relationship is going, but if it does turn serious then he'd be good with them. But then again, I was thinking maybe he's just too attached to the kids to get out of the situation. Or maybe he likes the old lady a lot. Who knows?

But I was nice to her, which I thought was an amazing feat for me. I'm going to go pat myself on the back now!!

2 Comments:

At November 23, 2007 6:32 PM, Blogger April said...

My mom is making Aaron and Amanda wait for me to have my own kid before they can have any more of their own. They'll be waiting a looooong time.

I *was* recording Jersey singing a song, but my brother started swearing in the background (because no sentence is complete without at least 8 swears). Ah, holiday memories.

 
At December 04, 2007 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did anyone tell you you are a brat? One day you will need your sister and she won't be there becauce you are such a brat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home