Confessions of a Blonde

Always Love.........Hate Will Get You Every Time ~ Nada Surf

Friday, October 06, 2006

"I'm dating...........and it comes with snacks."

How do you get over being dumped and having your heart ripped out? It's simple, my friends. You simply immerse yourself in television. Then, as you get to know the characters, you feel part of their lives and then you start talking about them as if they are your friends. I mean, Peyton, Lucas and Brooke (One Tree Hill) totally need my advice and support in their lives right now. And who could not be there for Meredith, Izzy or George (Grey's Anatomy)? I mean, once you see the problems that they have, your broken heart does not seem so bad.

And if that fails, try excercising. Yes. Exercising. I have been doing it. Why? It's simple my faithful readers. Exercising releases endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. And happy people don't have thoughts of jerking the wheel of their car so that they'll run head-on into a semi passing them at 65 mph on the highway because their bastard boyfriend ripped the heart right out of them and then left without any regret and now all hope seems to be gone. Really, it works.

On top of that I've lost 2½ lbs of the 17lbs I gained while dating him. And why did I gain all that weight? Emotional eating. Now that I just feel empty inside, I don't really have any emotions, so now I don't really need to eat. Not that I've stopped eating. Ha ha ha. As if.

I have been struggling lately, but I think I've got a hold on my feelings about Brad and everything that happened. I really gave my whole heart to him and I've never done that with anyone before, so getting rejected was horrible for me. I've been mainly sad most of the last 3 weeks, but I've changed a few things in my life and have immersed myself in Sunday School. Doing something constructive, instead of wollowing in my self-hate of being so stupid, has really helped.

Plus, I've become an "adoptive mother" for a kitten that was abandoned on our farm. Kayla named her Lulu, but I just call her kitty. She is obsessed with my feet (the kitten, not Kayla) and won't drink her milk unless I'm standing next to her. I am not an animal lover (yes, Kristen, be surprised), but I couldn't bear the thought of a living thing dying if I could save it, so I've been taking care of it for the last couple of weeks. I just hope this doesn't mean I'm turning into the cat lady!!

It seems that lately I don't post until I'm reminded to by Jolene. So, thank you for keeping me accountable. Not that I think I have anything exciting to say, but it's nice to know you're interested!

6 Comments:

At October 06, 2006 12:49 PM, Blogger April said...

Well, I check your blog every day, so you should update more.

Ah, jerking the wheel. I remember those days quite clearly. (You know which days I'm referring to.) I wish I could help. What I did was hole up in my room, play "Lonely Day" by Phantom Planet repeatedly, and cried like the heart-broken loser I was. There's no going around it. You just have to make your way through the pain and hope that you turn out a better person on the other side. I'm prescribing Snickers (fun size, as you're now exercising) once a day until you're next check-up.

 
At October 07, 2006 9:34 PM, Blogger i i eee said...

I check your blog everyday as well, and I agree with Jolene -distraction is crucial. Thank the good Lord for television!

I'll be sending good thoughts your way. At the same time, I'll be picturing your heartbreaker being the one who gets hit by a 3-trailer semi, going 65 mph.

 
At October 09, 2006 8:46 AM, Blogger atsirk said...

You guys all rock! Thanks for the advice, the support, and for making me laugh! Is it wrong that I laughed at meta's comment about him being hit by a 3-trailer semi?

 
At October 09, 2006 10:45 AM, Blogger i i eee said...

No.

 
At October 13, 2006 2:20 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

whey I read you've adopted a cat i thought, "but krista doesn't like animals!" and then i saw what you wrote to me. ha hah ah haha hahahha. you know me so well and i you.

 
At October 07, 2010 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking for Advise on breaking up and found this great site www.saveabreakup.com I gotta admit its great and it worked for me and helped me a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home