Confessions of a Blonde

Always Love.........Hate Will Get You Every Time ~ Nada Surf

Friday, May 04, 2007

Adios!

Well, dear readers, and by readers I mean April, yes, it is FINALLY my last day at the title company. I never would have thought I would ever leave here and now I am so ready to go.

They have screwed me out of my 2 weeks of vacation I have left. (If I had know that, I would have taken the last 2 weeks off instead of working my ass off.) So, I think I may leave early (since no one is here anyway....what kind of shitty sendoff is that??)

Although, yesterday they did take me out to lunch and everyone had signed a card for me. Meh. Doesn't make up for the thousand dollars I'm owed, but whatever.

I will miss being really good at my job. But, I think that I'll be o.k. at the new one. And if not, I can always quit and run and hide at Kristen's new house.....but I'll have to wait to quit until after the 18th.

It's funny that I've been here for over 5½ YEARS. YEARS, people!! I can remember my first day here. I walked in hoping to get a job because I didn't have any other leads. I was wearing my favorite light purple button down dress shirt with black pants (which are still hanging in my closet, and I'm hoping someday they'll fit again.....as I'm eating a donut!) That first day she had me start working. I sat down and started typing abstracts. Then, in the blink of an eye, it's today and I know how to do everything in the office and I can't believe it's been five years. *sigh*

Now I'll feel like a grown-up, I think. With a real-live job that I got on my own, with benefits, and the union. Maybe I'll get myself an apartment, too.

Well, now that I will be working with other people, I'll probably not have the privacy to blog a lot, so it will be off to the public library to blog about my new adventures.

I'm kind of sad today, leaving this behind. And what makes it all the more sad is that no one cares. No one has called, no one is here. I'm all by myself. Which is kind of poetic, really.

3 Comments:

At May 04, 2007 12:00 PM, Blogger April said...

That is a load of BS, Krista! If they paid the other workers their vacation pay when they quit, then they have absolutely no reason to not pay yours. What a load of crap.

And it's really crappy that no one's called or anything. If I had your work number, I'd call. Or I could prank call Rhonda and call her a weiner. OR!!! I could send her a bitter card! YES!! What do you think??

 
At May 04, 2007 2:43 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Hey! I read your blog too. Really, I do.

What? No Vay-Cay-Pay??? Boo!

 
At May 21, 2007 11:40 AM, Blogger John said...

I also read your blog. Or would, if there was an update ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home