Confessions of a Blonde

Always Love.........Hate Will Get You Every Time ~ Nada Surf

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Sometimes it feels just like I'm falling in the Ocean

So, anyway. My big secret took a nose dive and pretty much died. The secret was a job opening that I was asked to apply for. I was super excited about it because I'd be perfect for it, and the lady doing the hiring was the one who asked me to apply, so barring any major catastrophe I would have been assured the position. However, after looking into it, the pay is way less than I make now, even though it does have fringe benefits. Makes me sad.

I don't know what to do. If I should go back to school (even though I don't know what I'd go for) or do I find a job, which I have a hard time finding anything that looks remotely interesting for which I'm qualified. Growing up kind of sucks.

I wish my secret was that I was a Super Hero......then I'd just fly away.

7 Comments:

At April 03, 2007 12:39 PM, Blogger John said...

Bah! That sucks. The odds are everyone's going to have to retrain as something else at least once in their lifetime, so don't feel bad if you want to go back to school.
I love falling into the Ocean, by the way. Great tune.

 
At April 03, 2007 2:47 PM, Blogger April said...

That stinks, Krista. I'm having a hard time finding something that interests me, too. Yarg.

 
At April 03, 2007 5:06 PM, Blogger John said...

I've taken the easy way out....well, not really.
I'm re-doing a subject I flunked before in order to get enough credits to go to university.

 
At April 04, 2007 7:57 AM, Blogger atsirk said...

Thanks you two. I think I'm going to look into going back to school. I just don't know what I want to learn, though. I could be a scientist. Then you could call me the mad scientist.

 
At April 04, 2007 1:48 PM, Blogger April said...

I already call you the mad scientist.

 
At April 04, 2007 3:35 PM, Blogger i i eee said...

That really sucks, indeed. Sorry bout that. I've been struggling a lot lately with trying to get a new job, so I know how it is.

Growing up certainly blows.

 
At April 16, 2007 12:21 AM, Blogger N.F. said...

I'm in school--and I really don't know what I want to do, either.

No wait, scratch that. I DO know what I want to be doing--but it's not happening yet. So, school is my 2nd choice. It's hard, but I'm glad I'm doing it.

Good luck in whatever choice you make/made.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home