Confessions of a Blonde

Always Love.........Hate Will Get You Every Time ~ Nada Surf

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Always Love - Hate Will Get You Every Time

You know how you wake up some mornings and know that today is the day that you should just stay in bed? Don't get up. Don't move from the cocoon of warmth that you have surrounded yourself in. Don't move an inch and risk becoming uncomfortable.

You know that voice in your head that says, "Stay here. It will be o.k. Just stay."

And then you ignore it because of the whole "responsibility" aspect of life that your parents have ingrained in your brain all these years?

Yeah, well, I should have listened to that voice.

It snowed a lot yesterday, so the roads were nice and slick this morning on my back country road. And that's not a problem at all. I drive slowly all the time, so I've no reason to be scared of getting into an accident.

Until today.

There is a cheese factory/building that is on my nice little country road. I pass it every day. Then, to get onto the highway, I have to go along an old frontage road. I have traveled this road many many a time in the last 20 or so years that we've lived here. At the end of my road, I turn right to go onto the frontage road that leads to the highway. If you're coming from the left, you must yield to me (who is turning right).

However, this is not what happened this morning. Oh, no. No. No. No.

As I pass the factory, I look ahead and see a semi coming off the highway and onto the frontage road. I think to myself "he has to yield. I will be o.k." So, I continue slowly on. However, much to my horror and dismay, the Semi does not yield. Does not stop. Does not even frickin' slow down! So, I try my brakes. It is too slippery to stop. So my choices were: run into a semi or go into the ditch. Even if I had time to stop (he had only given me probably 20 feet at the most before we would have hit each other), he was already in my lane making his turn, so he was everywhere on the road. There was no way I could have slowed down, he still would have run into me.

So, I slide into the ditch, then my tail end swings around and I did about a 180° turn into the ditch, which was at about a 45° angle. Needless to say, I was stuck.

And pissed off.

The bastard had the nerve to honk his horn at me as if to say "get out of the way". I was so pissed.

Luckily my mom was behind me on her way to work, she came upon the scene and got out and kind of laughed at me and said, "What are you doing?" Once I told her, she was furious at the truck driver, but I was so shook that I just wanted to get my car out and get going. So, we got my dad and took him out to my car, he said that it would probably be o.k. if we had a 4 wheel drive truck to pull me out. So, we went into town and got my Grandpa to help.

All the years I've had my car, my brothers have made fun of me becuase there's a ball hitch on the back of it for no apparent reason. Today, it came in handy to tie the chain to my car. Yay for the ball hitch.

Anyway, I'm fine, no bruises or anything and my car is fine as far as I know. As I said, I wasn't going very fast anyway. I'm just shook and I must have tensed up because now my muscles all hurt.

Damn male truck driver. Men still infuriate me!!

3 Comments:

At February 07, 2007 5:06 PM, Blogger John said...

I'm glad you're ok! Woah. I'm glad you chose the Ditch option though.

 
At February 08, 2007 11:30 AM, Blogger atsirk said...

Thank you all for your caring comments. I'm just glad I'm o.k. and that it happened to me and not someone else that I love. It's just easier that way. Besides, it could have been worse, but it wasn't. I'm just very thankful!!!

 
At February 09, 2007 3:27 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

I've been sick and out of the loop, so I just read this today!!!! YIKES!! I'm glad you're okay and if I ever see that bastard I'll give him TWO thumbs down! TWO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home