Confessions of a Blonde

Always Love.........Hate Will Get You Every Time ~ Nada Surf

Monday, February 26, 2007

Where the City Sleeps

So, metamorphose decided to tag me on her blog and now I have to post six interesting/weird/un-known facts about myself. Let me tell you, this was hard because I am not interesting. I'm just weird, but I'm not going to go broadcasting all the oddities of myself on the internet.......or will I??

1. When I was a baby, my mom had a robe that was lined with some silky-feeling material. She said that I grabbed onto her sleeve and would hold on to that material until I fell alseep. To this day I have to have some kind of blanket with a silky fringe on it if I ever want to sleep well. I just run the material through my fingers until I go to sleep. It may sound weird, but it's true. And it may even be genetic, because my cousin (my mom's brother's daughter) says she does the same thing. And she's almost 40.

2. I am completely anal about my desk at work. I have everything in a place and if it's moved even a millimeter from the place that I have it (like my stapler, notepads, tape, etc.) it makes me upset. Everyone in my office knows this, though, and will always tell me if they take something. It's kind of their joke......or they're just making sure I don't shoot them.

3. This is awful and I think about it a lot, but maybe if I write it on my blog some of the guilt will go away and I can move on (maybe....probably not). When I was in 6th grade, we had a program called Book Buddies, where the 6th graders would go read books to the kindergarteners. I don't know why, but one of the girls in my group annoyed me greatly and she would always have her shoes untied (whether or not this was what annoyed me, I don't know). So one day I purposely stepped on her shoelace and she tripped and fell. I remember saying something like, "Oops! Did you trip on your shoelace?" Maybe I did it just so that she would learn a lesson and tie her shoelaces??

4. Once, at a jr. high dance, one of the cutest boys there asked me to dance. We danced. And then he went into the bathroom and puked. I don't know if he was sick, nervous or grossed out at me, but my mom brings it up every once in a while to laugh at me. I laugh, too, 'cause it is sort of funny.

5. I once poked April in the eye with the chord from a window blind, while watching a parade from our window in college. Her comment was "It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt!" Makes me laugh.

6. I love cherry-filled donuts with white icing on top.

So, those weren't the greatest 6 things ever, but I warned you, I'm not interesting. And I would attempt to tag 6 other people right now, but since I only have a maximum of 3 readers, it just doesn't mathematically work out.

Anyway, it snowed and blizzarded all weekend, so I watched Season 1 & 2 of One Tree Hill. And, sadly, my VCR did not tape the Wednesday night episode that I missed because I went to Ash Wendesday church services. I think when I hooked up my new DVD player to my TV, it messed something up. I'll have to fix that before this OTHW.

Speaking of church, there was a high school aged kid in attendance and he looked just like John Mayer. Same hair, same jeans and dress shirt, same shoes. I couldn't stop staring at him. And if I hadn't just seen JM in concert, I probably would have been more preoccupied with the fact that a cute boy attended church. Granted, he's too young for me, but still that shows there's hope for other girls who want to find cute, normal boys at church. Why is that such a hard thing to find!! *whine*

5 Comments:

At February 26, 2007 5:42 PM, Blogger i i eee said...

Amen, sistah!

I can picture April drooling, and robbin' the cradle.

Silky things are nice. Oh yeah.

 
At February 27, 2007 12:26 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

HA! The shoelace story and the boy puking story make me laugh a lot. I'm sure he puked because you made him so nervous, you hot lady, you.

 
At February 27, 2007 5:05 PM, Blogger April said...

Hey! How'd I get dragged into this? :)

I laughed a lot about the shoe lace thing. I can so see you doing that!! hahahaha

 
At February 28, 2007 4:46 PM, Blogger John said...

It seems I need to listen to John Mayer- just so I know what I am missing.

 
At March 01, 2007 8:06 AM, Blogger atsirk said...

Just look at John Mayer. So hot. *sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home