Confessions of a Blonde

Always Love.........Hate Will Get You Every Time ~ Nada Surf

Friday, April 27, 2007

I'm Just The Girl Next Door

Ummmm. It's been so long since I've blogged that I forgot my user name and password. Took me forever to remember, but it seems that I have remembered.

What's new you ask? Well, LET ME TELL YOU! HA! There IS something new! I got a new job! Yay for me and my future and financial well-being! Did I already say Yay??

I start May 7th. I was actually recruited to apply for this job by the lady who does the hiring, and according to one of my references (who this lady called to check on my work history with) said that she told her (my reference) "I don't know why I have to interview all these people. I know that I want Krista." Do you know how nice that is to hear and how wonderful that makes me feel? Someone has actually noticed that I've been working my butt off, that I'm a good worker and that I'm smart. And they wanted me. ME. Incredible.

As for my present boss, she hasn't really said much. But it's funny because she has no plans to hire anyone, and yet no one is coming over here to learn stuff from me before I go. Do they not realize that I'm the only one over here and when I'm gone, there will be NO ONE? Duh. But, whatever. None of the girls in the other office have congratulated me, but the girls from our competitor's office have all said nice things to me. What does that say about those bitches who set me up with that jackass?

Let's see, what else? I had a billion things to write, but now that I have a chance to write them they all elude me. I think I was going to write about how weird it will be to leave this job. I mean, even though the situation I work in sucks, the job itself is awesome. I love my work. And I'm good at it. It will be hard to have to learn this new position, but I don't think it will be that difficult. Hopefully.

I haven't been exercising or eating right lately, but I think that it's due to stress from my job. I have been contemplating walking around in maternity clothes and pretending I'm pregnant. Even though it's scandalous, it's much better than just being fat. What do you think?

Mom and I have to sing at a ladies' function this weekend. We were requested after someone heard us sing at my grandma's funeral. Dang it! I don't like singing in public.

The sad thing about my new job is that I don't get vacation for a full year. I have 4 weeks now, but they all go bye-bye on the 7th. I will miss my vacation.

Well, we'll see if I remember anything else to write. If no, have a great weekend!!

3 Comments:

At April 27, 2007 4:28 PM, Blogger i i eee said...

If I were you, I'd take the vacation now from your old job. If you could.

Congrats on the new job! Wahooo!

 
At April 28, 2007 9:08 AM, Blogger John said...

Aye, one of the people in our office who got another job used up his holiday time and Mysteriously got ill enough to use his sick days........

 
At April 28, 2007 9:31 AM, Blogger April said...

You wouldn't have to wear maternity clothes if stores would just carry cute plus-size clothes. But the bastards would rather make us wear african prints or leopart print. *shudder*

If I had the money, I'd buy you a singing telegram to come into your office and sing something about getting away from idiots and finally being appreciated. I'd throw the word "bitch" around a lot, too. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home