Confessions of a Blonde

Always Love.........Hate Will Get You Every Time ~ Nada Surf

Monday, November 28, 2005

"Just tell me you love me, you pussy"

My brother, Justin, and I rented some movies on Saturday. One of them was "Stealth" with the guy from "Sweet Home Alabama" - all I know is that he's hot, not his name....names mean nothing to me when I'm daydreaming....I digress. Anyway, the last line of the movie is the best, as appears above. The movie was o.k. and would have been less than momorable, if not for the that quote. *sigh* If only I had someone to tell that to!

I didn't get the job at the school - which ticks me off royally, since they contacted me to apply again because I "was their second choice last time and the only reason I didn't get it was that I didn't have the 08 Certification, otherwise it would have been yours." Liars (actually, I've used harsher words, but that is naughty and I don't want to be naughty.) My parents are even more ticked and have forbidden our family from doing any business in town anymore (which wouldn't be a big deal, except that on Saturdays, mom and I have a routine where we go to the dump, go to the bank, and stop at the store for a treat. I no longer get a Saturday treat.)

So, now I have to figure out what to do with my life. I wanted to go to Law School, but I don't know if I want that anymore. I always get sucked into doing things my parents want me to do, but I would like to find something that I want to do this time. We'll see.

My brother, Nathaniel, has been spending a lot of time at our house lately because he's mad at his boss, so he's not working right now. The other day when he was over, we were putting up Christmas decorations while he just sat there and watched. Now, he is weird - just keep this in mind, and when you picture the scenario in your head, remember he's a big dumb animal, folks.

We have a candy dish on our hutch, and he took it to the table and was picking through the candy - not eating any of it, just seeing what was there. I was about 3 feet away, going through ornaments, not really paying attention. All of a sudden, he starts laughing and throwing little boxes of 'Dots' candy at me. I look up and glare, wondering why he'd waste candy like that. My mom, who was watching him, is laughing, too and asks him what he's doing. To which he replied, "If you were in a national park and a bear was coming at you, all you'd have to do is throw food at them and they'd go away!" So he throws more Dots at me while yelling "Get away! Get away!" Yes, people, he was throwing candy at me as if I were a big bear. He needs mental health help!!

I still think my favorite Nathaniel story is when one day he yells out, "I'm caucasian!" Yes. Sometimes I think he is blonde.

5 Comments:

At November 28, 2005 2:39 PM, Blogger April said...

Oh, Krista. Where to begin?

I will also boycott business in Sock Town! (I'm clever, aren't I?) How dare they dangle a career and then snatch it away? You should go egg their houses.

Geez, I wish I didn't have to go to work just cuz I was mad at my boss. How does Nathaniel rate? The big, dumb animal. :) (oh, yes, i knew instantly where that was from.)

And he threw Dots at you? What a weirdo. You should have put spark plugs on his hands!

 
At November 28, 2005 3:28 PM, Blogger atsirk said...

Ha ha. Spark plugs....they were jumper cables!!!

 
At November 28, 2005 3:28 PM, Blogger atsirk said...

But I totally knew what you meant!

 
At November 29, 2005 10:16 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

Mmmmmm....dots.

 
At November 29, 2005 5:32 PM, Blogger April said...

Spark plugs, jumper cables, whateva. Whatever causes the most pain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home