Confessions of a Blonde

Always Love.........Hate Will Get You Every Time ~ Nada Surf

Friday, November 04, 2005

Scared to death by.....

haybales. Yes, that is correct. Last night I was scared to death (of course, I've obviously come back from the dead) by a field of haybales. Let me recount the horror for you....

So, I was driving home last night. It was dark. Just driving along, driving along, doo doo doo (Tommy-Boy-ish-ly) and out of the corner of my eye, I see something in the field to my right. So, I slow down, ever afraid that I will hit a deer and total my $800 car. I see not one object, but at least 100 of them. I can't decipher what they are, so I slow down even further, trying to keep my car on the road while not hitting anything and trying to see what the heck is in that field. My first thought was that they were deer and that they would stampede me. Then I thoguht they were turkeys (which I have hit before and lost a beloved hubcap) and that freaked me out, too. They could attack.

Finally, I slowed down to about 10 mph and really took a good look. Now, mind you, it is dark out - pitch black to be exact. And I realize that I have been scared to death of a field of round bales. Yes. Round bales.

You can imagine my relief when I realized I wasn't going to be attacked, stampeded or trampled by anything. And then you can imagine the wave of idiocy that washed over me.

Sometimes, I'm so blonde that I can't even stand it.

I'm off to California in the morning. Pray that I don't die on an airplane. That would suck. You can pray, though, that I meet the man of my dreams on the plane. And that he's rich, talented, caring, good with cars, will build me a dream house, and take care of my parents when they get old. And that he wants lots of children. And....wait, it's too much now. Not even God could create him. *sigh* But maybe you could pray for a good meal on the flight - that's a little more practical, right?! Duy is going to pick me up at the airport 'cause Lori has to work until 1:30. I told her to make him hold up a cardboard sign with my name on it. I have a feeling he won't.

Will write all about my adventures (or lack thereof) when I return on the 14th! Yay!

3 Comments:

At November 04, 2005 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell me where can I find more material -----------------------------------------------------------------------------purchase-esgic order

 
At November 04, 2005 1:33 PM, Blogger April said...

Tommy Boy line was HILARIOUS!!

Bales, eh? Oh, you silly girl

Have fun in Cali!! Make sure to stalk Ben Affleck for me!!

 
At November 07, 2005 1:20 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Jealous. About Cali, not Bales.

I'm afraid of shetland ponies, if it makes you feel any better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home