Confessions of a Blonde

Always Love.........Hate Will Get You Every Time ~ Nada Surf

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Peanut Butter Kisses

My new favorite candy (and by candy, we all know I mean anything with chocolate in it, because if there' s no chocolate, there's no reason) is Hershey's Peanut Butter Kisses. So delicious, and so wonderfully smelling. I curse the person who made them so addicting!

I colored my hair last night. I used to be blonde - very blonde. And now I'm so not. I would describe the overall color as dark brown, and I have streaks of what I'd call black cherry red throughout. It's a very drastic change, but I quite like it. As long as I don't look gothic, I'm o.k. with having dark hair. Once the red hi-lights fade a bit, I'm sure I'll like it much better. I remember a year ago we put red in my hair and it glowed red for about 2 weeks. I like this time's color experiment much better.

The only other story(ies) from my trip worth telling you about involve alcohol. Since I wasn't going to be driving at all on my trip, I took the opportunity to drink like I haven't in ages. One of Lori's friends from work, Jennylee, came over and we had Red Bull and Vodka the Saturday night I got there. Then we moved on to Smirnoff Twisters (green apple for me, raspberry for everyone else = the most drinks for me). I was feelin' a good buzz. Then Lori wanted to go shoot pool, but we didn't want to drive because we had been drinking, so Lori called a cab company. They said it would be 45 minutes. So, she called the second cab company. 45 minutes. Then, she called the third cab company and the guy says to her, "The more you keep calling, the longer it will take." So hilarious! Even though the numbers on the internet were under different names and had different numbers, they must have been the same company. We cracked up. And then ended up staying home and drinking.

The next night we tried to get into a bar called 'Referees' which was pretty close to Lori's house. Jennylee is only 20, so we were going to try to get her in (she was our designated driver, but Duy insisted that they were going to card her anyway). So, Lori made Jennylee keep her licesne in the car. When we walked in noone was at the door, so we just walked towards the bar, but then a guy dressed as a referee (clever) stopped us to check our IDs. Lori and I showed him ours, and then Jennylee pretended to dig through her purse and say that she didn't have hers. He said that unless she had identification with a birthday on it, he couldn't let her in. So, she opens her wallet and says, "I have a dollar." He looked at her and pointed to the door. So funny!

Then, the last night I was there, we finally got to the pool hall and played some pool. We sucked, so we went home at 11pm. Nothing too exciting happened there.

So, that's my trip in a nutshell. Nothing crazy or exciting, just weird and memorable.

3 Comments:

At November 17, 2005 5:45 PM, Blogger April said...

"I've got a dollar." Hilarious!!

So funny about the cab company. I would have cracked up laughing at that. Did the guy think it was funny, or was he just annoyed?

 
At November 18, 2005 7:57 AM, Blogger atsirk said...

I think he was just annoyed, but we thought it was hysterical!

 
At November 21, 2005 3:06 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

I wanna see yer hair...*whine*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home