Confessions of a Blonde

Always Love.........Hate Will Get You Every Time ~ Nada Surf

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ghost of Christmas Past

Ah, the holidays! Time to get stressed out, realize you don't have enough money, realize you could have enough money if you didn't have to spend it on others, and time to remember all the other Christmases that you've been a part of.

While trying to figure out how to swing our family Christmas this year with both of my brothers' girlfriends and their kids, it got me to thinking of the Christmases that I had to spend with my ex-boyfriend's family. And it makes me cringe. These thoughts alone make me glad that I'm not in a relationship. *shudders*

I mean, really, who wouldn't be put off by getting a clearance-rack K-mart holiday wreath (after you spent countless weeks trying to find the perfect gift for the person you drew out of their family pot of names)? And then having the whole room look at you while you open it (all the while knowing you can't put a fake face on to save your life)?! But then on top of that having the grandma say "well, if you're still around next year, maybe you can get a better gift." Nice, grandma........but what goes around comes around. Her house burnt down at the beginning of the year. I didn't shed one single tear. Be mean to me and I can be mean right back.

Oh, and the lovely memories of getting a present from said ex-boyfriend: a HUGE cross necklace. As if I was going to be doing exorcisms. Ha ha ha! It seriously still makes me laugh. I totally took that sucker back to the store.

So as you celebrate this holiday season (hopefully with the ones you love) I wish you all joy, peace and happiness.

Merry Christmas!

1 Comments:

At December 23, 2008 6:55 PM, Blogger April said...

At least your boyfriend didn't tell you a bazillion times that you'd better like your birthday present because it cost so much (it didn't, $29.99 at Kmart), badger you about what you want for Christmas, then wait until January to tell you that your birthday gift was your Christmas gift too.

Worst boyfriends in the world! Merry freaking Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home