Confessions of a Blonde

Always Love.........Hate Will Get You Every Time ~ Nada Surf

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Good Times, Great Oldies

One more weekend of tractor pulling, and then I can finally get my weekends back. I have only been at home for 2 weekends since the middle of May. I am so ready for my life to go back to boring. I was telling my mom the other day how I remember the days when I had nothing to do, and I kind of miss that.

I guess it wouldn't be so bad, but lately during the week I have had so many things to go to and do, I don't even get to relax during the week. Parties, drinking, boys. You'd think I was back in college.......or not. And by parties, I mean Pampered Chef, Creative Memories, etc. And by drinking I mean soda while others are whooping it up with Bud Light, even though I was at a bar. And by boys I mean an idiot, whom I am going to stop seeing. Seriously. It's fun to make out, but I can only take so much idiocraty. (shut it - it's a word)

I am so glad that fall is coming. I like long sleeves and pants. And sweatshirts.

Oh! And I finally got a tan line this summer. On Saturday we were in the middle of nowhere and sitting in the sun...no clouds, no shade. I slathered up with sun block on my arms, face, neck, etc., but forgot to put some on my feet, so I have a nice line where my sandals were. It makes me smile - only 'cause I'm not totally white now. My mom and I couldn't take the heat, so after an hour and a half, we found the only shade and got our chairs out of the car and sat in the shade the rest of the day. I'm sure people were jealous, but I would have beat them down had they tried to take the shade. Don't mess with a fat girl who's hot and sweaty. It ain't pretty.

AND! I know you don't care, but OTH was all new on Monday and I'm SO FREAKIN' GLAD that Lucas chose Peyton (even though I know they won't actually get married, something will happen, blah, blah, blah) but it made me cry because I was so happy. If they hadn't, I was going to write a strongly worded letter to Mark Schwan. They should be together. *sigh* I prefer TV drama than real-life drama.

I baby-sat Kayla on Friday. I was so exhausted at the end of the day, but she still wanted to play house. So I layed down on the couch and said, "Let's pretend that I'm your sister and I'm in a coma!" She didn't like that idea, she wanted me to play the baby-sitter for her doll. So I laid down on the couch with the baby and said, "Let's pretend that I'm the babysitter and I got in a car accident and now I'm in a coma!" She didn't like that either. She yelled, "Krista! You can't pretend you're in a COMA!" So much for that.............

Then she wanted to put on a parade for me and my mom. I said I'd only go to the parade if there was candy. So she raided our candy drawer and I got some mini-butterfingers, snickers and baby ruths. It was a good parade, if you ask me!

1 Comments:

At September 03, 2008 5:44 PM, Blogger April said...

Hey! How come I wasn't invited to that parade? Yum!

I'm gonna use the coma line on Jersey. She probably won't let me get away with it, either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home