Confessions of a Blonde

Always Love.........Hate Will Get You Every Time ~ Nada Surf

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Thoughts from the month of May...

Honestly, I don't have anything to really blog about.

For Mother's Day, I was going to get my mom a new necklace since the chain on hers broke last week. So I went to the store, found one that I knew she'd like and went to check out. (We were shopping together, so it was a little tricky, but I managed to be somewhat stealth about it.) Anyway, the girl scanned it and I about crapped my pants -- the total was $150.00 AND she hadn't even scanned my other items. I seriously looked all around, wondering if she had forgot to clear someone else's order out before she started ringing me up. I was totally shocked. I could have swore that the price at the jewelry counter was $38.00. So I totally didn't get the necklace.

But I did get her the movie, "P.S. I love you" and we watched it Saturday night. I don't know what it was, but we cried our eyes out, laughed, and then cried some more. I haven't heard of anyone crying over this movie, so I wasn't expecting that. But it was a good bonding experience.

Other than that, I've just been doing some spring cleaning and painting outside (fence, porches, etc.) and mowing the lawn. My dad and I put up a porch swing Friday night. It's really nice and peaceful -- I'll be glad to just sit there and relax this summer.

Too bad I'm content with my life -- I don't have anything interesting or funny to say.

1 Comments:

At May 15, 2008 2:49 PM, Blogger April said...

Yowza! I would have returned the necklace, too. And I totally got MY mom "PS I Love You" for Mother's Day!! hahaha *high five*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home